Thursday, May 21, 2015

After the semesters - Boston, New York City and Returning Home

My last two stops on my trip were Boston and New York City. I spent 2 and a half days in Boston, on the first day I visited several historical sights on the Freedom Trail - that is a path through the city, where a lot of sights are located. I also went on a short fare back so I could see Boston from a boat which was also nice.


The next day, I went to the Copley Square - there were a lot of small shops and at the square was also the Boston Public Library, which is the oldest library in the USA, as well as the Trinity Church. Furthermore, I went to the famous Acorn Street, which is the most photographed street in the USA, after that I went to the Riverside Park and on the evening I went for a run to the MIT.


On the last (half) day, I went on a tour (organized by the hostel I stayed in) to the famous Harvard University and learned about the history and specific events that occurred at that sight.


In the late evening I took a bus to New York City, where I spent another 3 and a half days. I went again to the Times Square, the Central Park, the High Line and the Bryant Park, as well as to Coney Island, Roosevelt Island, the East Riverside Park, the Madison Square, the Union Square and several other places. The most interesting though was the visit in a Gospel Church - it was really a nice experience to see how these masses are hold in NYC.


Finally, on Wednesday the 20th of May at around 8:40pm I caught a flight back home and with a short stop at Iceland I arrived at about 1pm on the next day in Munich and got picked up by my parents. And now I really need sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment