Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 9 - Run to Ohio and Kings Island

The 9th week in Huntington was a really nice one (besides a midterm exam on Tuesday). I went climbing twice and climbed my first 5.10a route which is a really huge challenge for me. On Tuesday a few other international students and I also watched a free movie in the cinema on Pullman Square. "Gone Girl" was a really good movie for all who like thriller movies and I really loved it. On Wednesday I mostly had to work on a project I had to finish and on Friday I went on a run to Ohio - it sounds far away, but if you run over the Ohio River bridge you are already in Ohio - it was about 8 to 9 kilometers (5 miles) and I had a really nice view from the bridge and the other side of the river.

Certainly the coolest day of the week was Saturday. We went on a trip to the attractions park "Kings Island" which is in Cincinnati, Ohio. It was a bus trip of about 3 hours and the best thing was that it was free (organized from the Campus Activities Board). We had several rides on different kinds of roller coasters and also went to a drop tower which was about 100 km/h fast. There were also several Halloween attractions, like haunted houses or a haunted corn field which were fun, but they weren't really scary.

View from the Ohio River Bridge and the other side of the Ohio River, respectively:


Kings Island:

No comments:

Post a Comment