Thursday, April 2, 2015

Week 31 and 32 - Usual University Life and Sports

After 9 days of traveling in Spring Break I had to finally get back and start to work for my courses again. I had to do several assignments and I also have to work constantly on projects for two of my classes. So the first week, there was really not much going on. Besides working for my classes, on Monday I went climbing and practiced volleyball afterwards for our game on Wednesday. On Tuesday we were supposed to have a soccer game, but the other team again did not show up, so we went to a free movie in the Pullman Square Cinema afterwards. On Wednesday, I went climbing again and we had the earlier mentioned volleyball match that we unfortunately lost. Afterwards we also went out for 25 cent beers to Jake's and on Thursday I played racquet ball and we went bowling at the night and had a funny evening. The next day, we had our first soccer game, where the opponents really showed up - and we lost by about 5 goals... We also went out again to a bar called Evolve and had a funny night. On Saturday, I just slept long and worked a little bit on my assignments and at the evening I was invited to have a homemade American dinner which was delicious and sooo much better than the usual dining hall food. Of course, after that we had to go out again :) - we were invited to a house party of an American friend. On Sunday, besides going climbing I just started working on the software engineering project, where we have a presentation this Friday and we really had to do a lot of work this week.


Week 32 brought just a lot of work for the software engineering project for me. On Monday, as the weather became warmer, I also went again outside for a run which was really nice. On Tuesday after my classes I played tennis and on Wednesday we had our next soccer game, which we lost again and therefore we are now out of the tournament. Today (Thursday) I played tennis and we went to see the new "The Fast and the Furious 7" movie.


On the weekend 13 other students and I are going on a trip to Cleveland, Ohio where we will do some sightseeing and watch the NBA (basketball) game Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment