Saturday, May 9, 2015

Last Week (37) - Finals, Parties and Sadly Farewell

Finally I left Marshall University after 262 days (about 8.5 month). I was really sad, as I found a lot of really good friends here, but I am also looking forward to see my family and friends at home again :). Before going back to Austria I will travel to Washington DC, Lancaster, Philadelphia, Boston and New York City before I will return on the 20th of May.

This week, I had my last final exams and I successfully passed all of them (or at least I think so). On Monday, I didn't do a lot because I had 2 finals of 2 hours each and I also had to prepare for the final on the next day. On Tuesday, at night we went to Margarita's - it was Cinco de Mayo - that's the day the Mexicans won a battle or so against France (only Americans celebrate that day - Mexicans don't care at all :). It was fun - there were many specials and we had a lot of good Coronas and Modelos.


On Wednesday, I didn't have any exams and as the weather was really nice (up to 30°C (about 85°F)), we decided to have another barbeque. This time we had it at a house with a swimming pool and a beach volleyball court, so we could also do several other things. On Thursday, I had a lot of things to do before I could leave, which took a lot of time. I also started packing then and nevertheless had to finish work for the presentation of the software engineering project on Friday. As Thursday night was my last night in Huntington, I obviously had to go out. We went to Black Sheep and to The Union.


On Friday, in the morning I prepared everything for my presentation, which I had after lunch. It was ok, a guy from Microsoft came and evaluated our software project and he did not seem to be disappointed about it. After the presentation I finished packing and then had a dinner at a Japanese restaurant, where they cook in front of you - it was a nice experience. I went back to campus afterwards to say goodbye to all my good friends here, which was really sad and went then to the Greyhound bus station where the bus had about 2 hours delay. But I did not have to wait alone, so it was not that bad... (Except from the leaving of course).


And here a picture slide show video of the spring term:

No comments:

Post a Comment