Sunday, April 26, 2015

Week 35 - ISO Party, Walking in Heels and Karaoke

It's again time for a short update after this quite eventful week is over. On Tuesday we went to a free show of the BBC Orchestra, which was quite nice and afterwards, we went to Jake's for a Karaoke night. I had to sing "Hollaback Girl" from Gwen Stefani because of a lost bet and it was just awful, because I didn't really know the song (and I cannot sing :). Of course, almost all of the others also sung and so it became a funny night.


On Thursday Matheus and I went to an event called "Walk a mile in her shoes". A lot of people walked a mile in heels and Matheus and I also participated. It was a walk against sexual assault and walking in the heels went better than expected as I didn't break my ankles :D.


On Friday there was the last party of the International Student Organization at Margharitas. That was of course a mandatory event for our group and I'm kind of sad now because the semester is almost over.


On Saturday I went to a fundraising event for Autism. We had dinner there and gambled Black Jack, Roulette, and Crabs with fake money. We would have become rich, if it would have been real money :). At the night we also had another party at a friend's house with a lot of people which was also really nice.


I also finished my traveling plans for after the semester. I'll go to Washington, D.C again, then to Lancaster where I will see the Amish. After that I'll go to Philadelphia, Boston and spend a few more days in New York City, before I'll catch my flight back to Austria on the 20th of May. I am looking forward to this, because I'll see my family and friends again in Austria, but it is also a little bit sad now, because I've made so many good friends here...

No comments:

Post a Comment