Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 34 - Beauty and the Beast Musical, Walmart Trolleys and Whitewater Rafting

Another week has passed and it's time for the next blog post. Now the semester goes into the final stage - there are only 3 more weeks until the end of the semester, so right now I have to make sure that everything is set for the final exams and project presentations.

On Tuesday, a few international students and I went to the free musical "The Beauty and the Beast" in the Keith Albee theater in Huntington (the normal tickets would be around 80$). It was a nice musical and I also took a few pictures (and got some from other people):


On Wednesday, we had again a poker night and this time we played with money - and I was lucky enough to win 10 dollars :). On Friday, we went to Walmart and wanted to try the American lifestyle. We tried to drive with the electronic trollies, they have there. I think they are just hilarious and the best thing is they beep like a truck when you go back with them. Unfortunately, it did not last long and some employee of Walmart came to me and asked me if I am disabled and told me to drive the trolley back... After we bought some stuff in Walmart we went out and also made a race with a normal trolley (our Fast and Furious 8 :D).


On Saturday, I had the highlight of the week. Another student and I went on a whitewater rafting trip organized by the recreation center of the university. We went to the New River Gorge, which is about 2 hours away by car and rafted for about 4 hours on the second oldest river on earth. It was really nice, the river had almost too much water, so that we could not do it (it was 10 feet (3 meters) above the normal level - and at 12 feet you have to do another route).


After I came back (at around 8:30pm) we also went out to Sharkey's. The next day I had to do some work for the university and at night we went out again as it was the end of the Greek Week and there was the block party at the fraternities.

No comments:

Post a Comment