Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 27 - Crate Stacking and Indoor Water Park

After the Washington-Trip I had to catch up a lot of work for my courses. Especially the Software Engineering II course, where we had a professional software tester come in on Friday requested many hours of work. I also had my first Spanish exam on Wednesday - it went really well, I got 59/60 :). Besides that 2 other international students and I went to the boxing class and on Thursday we went crate stacking. I managed to get a tower of 13 crates until I fell, the record is 18 crates.


Afterwards, we also went out - we went to Jake's where we had a funny night (but not too long, as I had to get up early the next day). On Friday a professional software tester came to our software engineering class, and tested the software our project-group developed. The interesting thing about that was, that the tester was blind and therefore tested our software on accessibility. We had no clue before that we would have to optimize our software in that way, but it went better than expected.

On Saturday, a whole bus of Marshall students went on a free trip to the Kalahari Water Park. We got up early (the bus left at 6:00am) and had a bus trip of about 5-6 hours (Kalahari is in the north of Ohio)! The water park is rather big with a lot of slides and other attractions. In my opinion the best thing was the surfing facility (see pictures - I also tried real surfing (standing), but I don't have pictures of that). After about 8 hours in the park, where we obviously tested a lot of these slides and had a lot of fun, we left for our journey back and arrived at about 2am in the morning in Huntington.


On Sunday, I started booking buses, hostels and more for my spring break trip. I will first go to Buffalo/Niagara, where I'll visit the famous Niagara Falls, see Buffalo and I'm also going to watch the NHL-Game of the Buffalo Sabres against the New York Rangers. I'll spend two days there and afterwards will go to New York, where I'll meet a few Brazilian Marshall students. I haven't decided yet, how long I'll stay, either 4 or 6 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment