Sunday, January 25, 2015

Week 22 - Martin Luther King Walk and Bouldering Competition

Again a week is over and it is time for a little report :). On Monday I went to the Martin Luther King where a lot of people demonstrated for the rights of black people. The walk was kind of unspectacular, but I met a few new people and so it was fun anyway.


On Tuesday, there was the first meeting of the International Student Organization, and we brainstormed what events we are going to have this semester. Besides that I met a few people that arrived here, they were from Finland, Sweden and Korea. On Friday we wanted to go to a poker night which was organized by a fraternity. Unfortunately, when we arrived there we just found an empty house, so we went back and had a party with a lot of Brazilians in a room at the dorm. It was a funny night, but I had to leave early because I had to get up at the next day, because I participated at a bouldering competition. For those, who do not know, bouldering is just climbing without rope to a height of max. 3-4 meters. The competition was really nice, 24 people climbed for about 2 hours and I even won in the beginners division :).


On Sunday I slept in and played soccer at the afternoon. Beside that activities I had plenty to do for my courses. I have to work continuously over the semester on a web-project for my software engineering class, and I also have a project in games development. Furthermore, there is also a bunch of assignments I still have to do until next week, but still I have enough free time and can't complain :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment